Lol…by naked i mean ‘without makeup’. A lot of women wear makeup on a daily basis and find it hard to go out without putting some on. Makeup enhances our beauty and its really nice to smack on some colors to brighten up your day but ladies, we really need to give our skin a break!
Personally, I only like to wear makeup when I’m going out for serious occasions but most days, I have a very natural look. Its very good for you to allow your skin breathe once in a while because all that makeup won’t give your poor skin space but every one has their reasons yeah?
Well i’m just here to give tips incase one faithful day, you decide to try leaving your house naked, lol.
The first step to looking good without makeup is having flawless skin. Beauty is skin deep so we have to take care of our skin inside out. I happen to have good facial skin because im obsessed with my face so im kinda like an expert in this category!
So here are some very simple tips and you can get back to me on how they worked for you.
- Drink 4-6 glasses of water a day. This helps to keep your skin glowing and hydrated.
- Wash your face twice daily. You dont want dirt piling up on your skin, trust me.
- Include citrus fruits like oranges, strawberries, kiwi etc in your daily meal. They contain vitamin C and this helps to strengthen and feed the skin.
- Find a skincare brand/product that works for you and STICK to it. Its really not advisable to change your products every month.
- Exfoliate regularly to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Wear moisturizer everyday (sheer moisturizer preferably) and if you have extra dry skin, put a mini moisturizer in your purse and use it often. Definitely, no one wants to deal with dry skin.
- Get rid of your dark circles by getting enough sleep and using a good eye cream. To reduce the puffiness, you can put slices of cucumbers on each eye or place a cold towel over your eyes for like 30 seconds.
NEVER use normal bathing bar soaps to wash your face! It will age you faster and leave your skin very dry and tight. That is absolute skin murder especially if you have bad acne or oily skin. Imagine your face without moisture…yuck! The acidity level in bar soaps are too high for our skin so soaps that are made specially for the skin are a better choice because they are very mild.
Sadly, I cant recommend products i haven’t tried out, so if you have oily skin, you can try the products listed below. If you have another skin type, you can still try it out. The Gadi 21 I think will work fine for all skin types because its made up of mostly natural products.
Gadi 21 mineral cleansing milk (www.gadi21.com, house of fraser).
Gadi 21 mineral purifying toner (www.gadi21.com, house of fraser).
Gadi1 21 bio skin lifting serum (www.gadi21.com, house of fraser).
Kedem Facial Peel – I use this monthly.
Neutrogena oil-free acne wash (pink grapefruit) – I use this twice a week (any of your popular drugstores or casablanca, lagos).
You also have to take care of other parts of your face like your lips, your eyelashes and your eyebrows.
Our lips are very delicate and need attention often. Make sure to exfoliate your lips using using sugar and vaseline. You can also put honey on your lips to get soft, smooth and plump lips
Eyebrows have to be perfect if you’re gonna pull off the no makeup look! The arch on your brows help define your facial features. You can have them tweezed, waxed, or shaved. If you want to add that extra bang, you can have them tinted.
If you want to make your lashes look longer and fuller without the help of makeup (mascara), you should try brushing through your lashes with vaseline.
Last and the important thing you need is a big gorgeous smile. Never leave your house with it. 🙂
That’s it for now my fabulous ones! Hope you enjoyed the post and i hope you all have the courage to try this! Don’t forget to drop a comment and follow my twitter handle (@Omoyele_O) and my instagram (Omoyele.O)
Love you fabs,